GTD Fundamentals & Implementation Workshop
Early Bird Discounted Registration Ends: July 22, 2019
Registration Ends: Aug 1 at 4 pm
We live in a world where we are flooded with emails and instant messages, our calendars are filling up and an environment filled with distractions.
We are consistently busy, but we lack the sense that we are focused on the right things. Home life suffers, at the mercy of the demands of our professional lives, and vice versa.
Is it possible to achieve what we want personally and professionally without working more hours?
Can increased productivity really go hand-in-hand with lower stress levels?
Getting Things Done® (GTD®) is David Allen's proven path for getting in control of your world and maintaining perspective in your life. You will increase your productivity while maintaining a clear mind and the confidence that you are consistently focused on the right things.
You have flexibility to attend one or both days: the Fundamentals course and the Implementation workshops. Day 1 is a pre-requisite for Day 2.
Day 1 (Aug 5, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm): GTD Fundamentals Course.
The Fundamentals course includes engaging lectures, clever animated videos sharing the best practices, hands-on exercises, group discussions, and Trainer demonstrations.
This course instils the critical distinctions of the five steps of workflow mastery: capture, clarify, organize, reflect, engage and how to optimize your system to make priority choices.
What’s Covered in the Course:
- Capturing “stuff” into external locations
- Processing “IN” to empty consistently
- Applying the two-minute rule
- Making decisions when things show up vs. when they blow up
- Tracking actions contextually vs. unworkable daily to-do lists
- Getting email under control
- Delegating and tracking deliverables appropriately
- Creating a functioning reference system
- Breaking through procrastination
- Managing priorities effectively
- Course Materials
- Detailed workbook, with information and examples on the concepts presented in the course
- Jumpstart Booklet to use as a starter system for tracking projects and actions
- Methodology Guides, which summarize the key GTD models
- Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity book
GTD Fundamentals Course Certificate
Day 2 (Aug 6, 9:00 am to 4 pm): GTD Installation and Implementation workshop (I&I) for Calendar, Email, Tasks and Projects.
Make the most of your investment in learning the Getting Things Done® methodology and make some real progress in the implementation of GTD.
What is covered:
- Email: Handheld workshop for structuring email according to best practices for GTD, with live demonstration, leading participants through handling their own personal backlog and structuring email.
- Calendar: This workshop covers best practices for calendar management, three-fold nature of work and includes live demonstration.
- Tasks and Projects: This workshops allows participants to set up their GTD system for tasks and projects on paper based system or software of participant's choice.
- Populate your GTD System
- Apply the Five of Phases Workflow
- BONUS with booking of both days: One week later, we will conduct a Free Guided Weekly Review delivered as a webinar. This is handheld walkthrough of the 11 steps of the weekly review.
- BONUS with two days booking: Support after the course and complimentary membership to our Alumni.
- WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Veteran GTD practitioners looking for a refresher and new inspiration
- Canberra CBD, TBA
- Venue details and logistics will be communicated by email closer to the event.
ONE DAY ONLY: Early Bird tuition is $645 per person; Regular tuition is $695 per person (GST and processing fees apply).
Book both days and save 25% on day2 plus BONUS Weekly Review!: Early Bird tuition is $1241 per person ; Regular tuition $1291 per person (GST and processing fees apply).
Special rates are available for Groups of 2 or more people (must register together). For larger groups, please contact organizer for special rates.
Our Mission is to help People, Teams and Organizations thrive in their implementation of GTD, and we’ve been told we have achieved that on many occasions. Our clients range from high profile executives and professionals to full time parents and students.
Productivity First Client Testimonials : Don’t just take our word for it, see it for yourself: click here
GTD global clients:
Microsoft, HewlettPackard, IBM, KPMG, Accenture, Nike, Sony, Adidas, Novartis, VISA, Sun MicroSystems, Harvard University, The Washington Post, Xerox, Cisco, AstraZeneca, McDonalds, NASA, Starbucks, GE, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Pharmacia, American Red Cross, Deloitte , Nestle, and many more.
“GTD allows me to be present and to show up fully in the moment.” —Louis Kim, Vice President, Hewlett Packard (HP)
WHAT TO BRING:
Includes Lunch, Morning and Afternoon tea.
Day 1: All training materials will be provided.
Day 2: Please bring your computer/devices so they can install their own GTD system for Email, tasks and projects.
Seminar Cancellation Policy:
We are unable to offer refund on cancellation. Productivity First is happy to transfer your booking to our next workshop with a $100 processing fee, in the event you can't make it for a booked workshop. Changes within 7 days of the workshop incurs a $150 processing fee.
There is no charge if you would like someone else to attend on your behalf.
The organizer reserves the right to reschedule the event due to unforeseen circumstances, in which case registrants will be given an option to transfer to the new date or get a full refund.
We look forward to seeing you at the event!