Culture Business is the world’s leading international conference dedicated to fundraising in the arts sector. The conference gathers sponsors, philanthropists, foundations and...
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Cultural Awareness Training
As part of Murumal's commitment to helping people understand and appreciate Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander history and culture, we are hosting this free cultural awareness training workshop in Canberra. (max of 2 participants from the same organisation as we have limited spots).
This workshop is designed for people in management and/or decision making positions. The workshop will provide information that will help increase understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, culture and history. Furthermore, obtaining this knowledge will increase the likelihood of successful Reconciliation Action Plan and Indigenous Employment strategies implementation.
- Our People: Discuss in depth Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander culture, customs and traditions. Participants develop a deep understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people’s connection to land, community and spirituality.
- Our History: Explores significant moments in history which impacted on Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, land, and culture. Participants will learn about key policies and events which changed Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples.
- Our Future: Looks at Government strategies that aims to reduce disadvantage among Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people with respects to Closing the Gap. In addition, Participants also look at their organisation own policy and key priorities targeted towards Closing the Gap.
- Our Invitation: Wrap up the day by sharing with participants various resources for further learning. Participants are also advised on upcoming local events and encouraged to continue the learning journey.
This full day workshop will be facilitated by Benny Eggmolesse and is valued $385. FREE event, limited spots - bookings essential.
- Food: Morning tea, lunch and refreshments will be provided for our participants. Please advise if you have any dietary requirements in advance.
- Parking: We recommend public transport or to park at a parking station
- What to bring: Notes and pens, business cards, questions
Can't make it to this one but interested in our Parramatta, NSW training? Register here
Interested in future training? Register your interest on our website and you'll be the first to know when we schedule our next workshops.