Winners of Australia's first fintech awards announced
The head of a trail-blazing agricultural supply chain solutions company and the joint CEOs of an influential Australian small business lender have been crowned by their peers as Australia’s fintech industry leaders for 2017.
In addition, a company which is revolutionising Australia’s retail environment by giving customers a “buy now, receive now, pay later” service has been named as Australia’s FinTech Organisation of the Year.
The winners of the inaugural Finnie awards were announced on 24 May at a gala ceremony attended by more than 200 guests at Sydney’s Darling Harbour. The winners of 29 awards were chosen by 39 local and international judges from 158 entries.
The winners of the five headline awards were:
- Female FinTech Leader of the Year award: Emma Weston, CEO and co-founder, AgriDigital
- Male FinTech Leader of the Year award: Greg Moshal & Beau Bertoli, Prospa
- FinTech Organisation of the Year: Afterpay
- Emerging FinTech Organisation of the Year: Spaceship
- Emerging FinTech Leader of the Year award: Emma Weston, CEO and co-founder, AgriDigital
Awards were also handed out for companies that have shown excellence in 17 fintech sub- sectors, along with a further seven awards in areas such as workplace diversity, collaborative partnerships, market presence and marketing.
Join other small to medium business owners to develop new innovative thi