Be The Bird, Not The Dinosaur
Some innovative projects will become viable businesses. Most innovative projects won’t.
There is no miraculous recipe. This being the case, many people assume that creating new ideas is the beginning.
Some start their business innovation journey by firstly calling for many ideas. In fact, many people assume that creating new ideas is the beginning of any business innovation funnel — actually that’s not true.
It is not the idea but the reason why you are looking for ideas that truly matters.
I’m talking about solving problems that will have the potential to change destiny. I’m talking about solving problems that seems impossible to solve until someone does it. I’m talking about solving problems that will totally reinvent the market! That kind of problems. Projects fail when they are not solving a big customer problem.
If you are not solving a large enough problem that you could globally serve with a scalable solution, you are not running with the big idea.
That’s why the very first step of any innovation journey is about what you stand for, not because of the ideas, but because of the purpose you intent to pursue obsessively.
Your top considerations moving forward should be:
- It’s not the idea that makes the idea, it’s the team.
- Embrace the uncomfortable zone.
- Fail fast only makes sense to learn fast.
- Doing a lot more doesn’t mean you’re getting a lot more done.
- Better is not good enough – different is better than better.
- Great experience leads to great products – not the other way around.
- Pitch the value, not the features.